Saturday 12 November 2011

"If I was creative director of Dior..." What would I do?

If I was creative director of Dior...

I wouldn't make it any more accessible to the youth. I wouldn't make it any more accessible to the matured clientele.

For me, Dior has always been a house of sophistication, the go-to couture house for women of style, elegance, aristocracy, wealth and intellect. I believe Dior should always be the temple for these women.

If I was creative director, I would spoil  the women of intellect; I believe Dior shouldn't just be a house of mindless beauty and extravagance. I believe Dior should reflect the French tendency to philosophize and to think. I would give purpose to each collection, pret-a-porter or haute couture, and force the viewers and wearers to question the choices that construct the collection.

I would do my best to propel Dior back into the lead of mind-blowing shows (once dominated by McQueen, is now dominated by none), as I believe the presentation gives the meaning to the collection. Its the only way for the viewers to find out, or how else are they supposed to know?

If I was the creative director, my one of my top priorities is to find a new head of accessories (or make myself the head of accessories).

...

to be continued



No comments:

Post a Comment